Sunday, December 17, 2006

A few thoughts

Perhaps someone reading my last post might have gotten the impression that I'm just hateful, evil, etc... because of my feelings towards the holidays this year. Well, I'd like to make a few things clear.

First of all, I really don't hate the holidays. I like Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc... I like the time I can spend with my family and friends this time of the year. I like some of the decorations, and some of the gift giving is ok too. Although, I do believe the gift giving and money spending is over rated.

My negative feelings towards the holidays stem from the loss of my uncle, who died 4 years ago. My uncle was a big part of my life, and he was part of what made the holidays so wonderful. He was just like a big ol' kid, especially at Christmas. He was just as excited as the kids were. Since his death, my attitude towards the holidays has deminished a lot. The holidays are not the same. There is a large void, and nothing seems to fill it.

I try to deal with it, for everyone elses sake, but I could do without all of it.

Just thought I would share those thoughts. Good night.

No comments: