Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lots of Business

Thanks to some contacts that I have at the college, I may be looking at some additional business coming my way, in the form of website design/development projects.

I have a meeting with a small company this afternoon, to discuss what they are looking for in the way of a site. I have also been in contact with another guy who is looking for a web designer/developer to complete a project he has in mind.

One of the leads I received seems like it is going to be more trouble than it is worth. I have looked into the company, the people that run it, etc... and have not been left with a good feeling about it. It appears that there are 2 separate businesses, running out of one store front. From what my contacts have told me, the owner is very wishy washy, so I am leary about getting into any kind of business arrangement with him. We will see what happens.

Don't get me wrong, I love the job that I have now. I like the work, the people, and definitely the money. But I'm only working part-time, about 20 hours a week, and that just isn't enough to ensure that me bottom line is met at the end of the month. I have no intention for leaving this job. I am, however, going to find additional work to make up for what I'm not getting here.

All for now. Ciao.

No comments: