Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas mumbo jumbo

Is it just me, or has the whole meaning of Christmas changed for the worse? Now days, it's all about who can buy the biggest presents and who got the best presents, and which stores have the best buys, blah, blah, blah. I feel that Christmas has become nothing more than commercial BS.

First, the holidays haven't been the same for me since my uncle passed a few years ago, and it really doesn't help that his birthday was 2 days before Christmas. Needless to say, I'm having a difficult time with things this week. This leads to my point that I always thought that Christmas was about celebrating the birth of Christ, and spending time with the friends and family that we love. I thought it was a time to show others that you really care for them. My question is: why does that care have to be shown through purchasing outragiously expensive gifts, which in the end, will not be appreciated at all?

I have given up spending Christmas with my family in Louisville, so I could spend Christmas with April and her family. I've been second guessing that decision a lot this week too. In many ways, I believe that I should have gone home for the holiday. But I also want to be with April too. Needless to say, I'm dealing with a lot of mental term oil. I really hate feeling the way that I do, and quite honestly, I really hate the Holidays.

Next week can't come soon enough!

No comments: