Saturday, December 24, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a ..............

Peaceful Christmas.

I've had a lot of time to think about the holidays, and what I really would like for Christmas. I know that what I want may only come to me in my dreams, but what I really want for Christmas is peace of mind. I would really like to be able to get through this time of year without being tormented by the memories of my uncles death, and the fact that his birthday is two days before Christmas. I would really like to be able to feel some sense of normality at christmas time again. I want to be able to enjoy the holidays as I once did.

For April's sake, I would really like for my negative feelings around christmas to just disappear for good. I hate the fact that she has to see the hell that I go through during this time of year. She is the only person who ever really sees the battered and scarred man that I really am. I know that dealing with me with I'm feeling down is not the easiest thing in the world to do. I am however, thankful that I have someone as kind and loving as April to help me deal with the past that haunts me. I don't think I could or would get through these hard times without her.
So, as Christmas Day creeps closer, my prayer is that peace and comfort will fill my mind, body, and soul. and that I may enjoy the holidays with those closest to me.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: