Saturday, April 01, 2006

Nominated to be Solicited

So I was recently informed that I have been selected by Indiana Tech to be in the 2006 edition of "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges". Below is the announcement that was on Tech's website:

Students honored in "Who's Who"
March 29, 2006

The 2006 edition of "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges" will include 31 Indiana Tech students chosen as national outstanding campus leaders. Those students are:

A'lana Washington, Alicia Barrett, Alicia Harrison, Alison Muhlenkamp, Amy Stroud, Benjamin Hogue, Casey Hunsucker, Christopher Payne, Clinton Gulley, DeNisha Gray, Erin Plank, Guanita Hillsman, James Shafer, Janelle Freeland, Joseph Corona, Kara Walker, Kelly Jones, Makiaya Jackson, Mariana Rodriguez, Mark Gilson, Marquita Phillips, Michael Durbin, Michelle Quinn, Molly Windle, Nicholas Oswalt, Ross Causley, Ryan Bedwell, Ryan Camp, Steven McGlennen, Thomas McDowell, and Timothy Rupp.

Campus nominating committees and editors of the annual directory have included the names of these students based on their academic achievement, service to the community, leadership in extracurricular activities, and potential for continued success.

Now, I appreciate the honor but I have one little problem with it. The letter I received from the VP of Academics regarding this, clearly stated that I would be contacted by the Who's Who organization, soliciting my purchase of the 2006 book. Not only that, but I will have to pay them to include my 3 line bio in the book. So, to sum up the situation, I have been nominated to be solicited.

Anyway, I will drop to that level, be happy that I was nominated, and pay the $10 for my 3 line bio. I just thought that someone might get a kick out of my complaint. If not, Megabyte me.

No comments: