Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Encouraging Prospects

So I was sitting in the networking lab this morning, studying for a test, when Julie walks in and tells me that she finally remembered what she had been wanting to talk to me about. It turns out that the Indiana Association of Hostage/Crisis Negotiators is looking for someone to rebuild the organization's website, and Julie seems to think that I would be the perfect guy for the job. The plus side is that there would be money involved, so I am sorta drawn towards it. The website to be developed will be relatively simple in nature, and shouldn't take long for me to build at all. I have to figure out if it can fit into my schedule, so, I told her that I would consider it, and let her know soon.

Then, this afternoon I received a call from a technical staffing company, that evidently found my resume on either monster.com or careerbuilder.com, and thought that I would be a great candidate for a web design position at International Truck and Engine here in Fort Wayne. While the prospect certainly excited me, I was disappointed to have to inform the guy that I couldn't take the position at this time. He was very understanding of my persistence towards getting finished with college before taking a position, and said the company will keep my resume on file, and contact my closer to graduation time. I am encouraged by this prospect to say the least.

It is nice to know that there actually are employers looking at my resumes on monster and careerbuilder, and it was gratifying to receive a call from someone stating that I appeared to be very well qualified for the position he had available. I hope and pray that something else like that comes along at graduation time, when I really need it. I truly believe that God will provide when the time is here. And for that, I give thanks.

No comments: