Saturday, March 11, 2006

Good times (continued)

Well, the trip back to the fort wasn't too bad. As usual, my aunt, uncle, and I stopped at the outlet mall in Edinburgh; we had lunch, then went through a couple of book stores there, and was I disappointed in the selection of techie books at both. I did happen to find one interesting title, "Who's Pushing Your Buttons? Dealing with the difficult people in your life." Sounded like something that I could handle reading, so I bought it. Only 5 bucks anyway. We stopped in the kitchen and cooking stores; I found a line of Jack Daniels coffees in one of them and bought some sample bags just to see if they are any good. If I like it, I may go back and buy some more. We'll see what happens.

We finally got to Fort Wayne shortly after 4, and after stopping at the hotel so the aunt and uncle could check in, we headed to my place to unload all my junk, and to meet April before going to dinner. Ended up going to Applebee's for dinner, and as usual, the food was pretty good. My only complaint about that place is they use toooooooooo much salt on all of their potatoes; fries, red skins, mashed, you name it. Tooooo much salt. Just an observation that I've made the last few times I've been there. Overall, the experience was good.

After dinner we made our way over to the Border's book store. Of course, I found a couple of the techie books that I had been looking for, and bought them despite how much they cost. Some of those books are grossly over priced. Then again, this week has been one for spending money, and what's a few hundred more compared to the thousands that I've spent over the last 4 years.

No comments: