Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Position Has Been Filled

Well, I thought about the web site job that Julie told me about and I have decided that I would take the challenge head on. Having reviewed the organization's existing web site, I can honestly say that I'd almost be willing to do the job for free. It's really bad. I've been told that they are looking to have a simple, yet visually appealing and professionally done web site. I told Julie to give the people me contact information, and have them contact me after spring break. By then, I should have the current web project I'm working on completed, and will be able to handle the new task.

By the way, did I mention that there was money involved with this gig? I'm not sure how much yet, but any thing is better than nothing at all. Not only will I walk away with money, but it will be one more job to add to my resume, and may potentially lead to other job opportunities. The more projects like this that I can add to my resume and portfolio, the better off I am going to be.

It's nice to know that people have taken note of my talents, and are promoting me when job opportunities like this come along. May these opportunities continue to present themselves as graduation grows near.

No comments: