Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm still here

Wow! Has it really been eight whole days since I made my last post? There's been so much going on since Spring Break ended. Some good, some bad, but as usual the bad has been weighing me down the most.

My great-grandmother had to have surgery on Monday, to remove some skin cancer spots from her face and arms. The spots on her face were around her nose, and they were bad enough, that part of the nose had to be removed. She literally had another hole in her head. Thursday, she went back in so a plastic surgeon could rebuild her nose. Having gone down there this past weekend, I can tell you that she really looks like shit. Thankfully, she came through the operations pretty well, and remains in good spirits about the whole situation. Now most people would say, "oh, that kind of stuff is done everyday. It's routine procedure, blah blah blah."
Well, I can tell you that this particular case is anything but routine. I did say that she is my Great-Grandmother. The woman in 88 yrs old, in terrible health as is, and is, by all accounts, ready to go. Needless to say, knowing what I do about the situation, I haven't been able to focus on anything related to school. I hope that having seen her myself, I will now be able to ease my mind, and focus on my obligations here, rather than dwell on something I can't do anything about, considering it's 250 miles away from here. I know, easier said than done.

In the midst of the negativity, there have been a few positives. For starters, I have taken on that website project for the Indiana Association of Hostage/Crisis Negotiators, that I wrote about in a previous post. The exciting aspect of that is the $1,500 + that I'm going to rake in for my work. Not a bad start.

The positive sides of going home this past weekend included getting away with April, seeing my family, getting the suits that I bought during spring break, and celebrating mine and my sister's birthdays. Whitney's birthday was Saturday, and while my birthday isn't until March 28, I wanted to be able to celebrate it with my family for a change. That was the original reason for going home this weekend.

To be continued..........................

No comments: