Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Headaches are here again!

Classes resumed today after a month long Christmas break. I have to say that I'm having mixed feelings about starting this semester. There are many factors contributing to my feelings. First, this is my last semester of college, so I am really excited at the prospect of having completed my degree. On the other side of that, I am nervous about what awaits once I have finished the semester. Those factors are enough to mix anyones feelings.

Another thing weighing heavily on me is the fact that next week will mark the 1 year anniversary of the day I broke my leg. That accident happened January 24, which falls on tuesday this year. When I fell last year, the 24th was on Monday. Since I fell on the Monday after classes resumed, this coming Monday will be a year to the day that I got hurt. I know my explanation isn't as clear as it could be, which clearly indicates that when I say the headaches are here again, I'm really serious. I have a migraine from hell.

Well, the first day of classes wasn't too bad over all. Despite the fresh snow that fell last night, I was able to get to and from classes safely. I'm very thankful that my classes don't start any earlier than 9:00 am this semester. At least it won't be dark when I have to brave the cold and snow. I'm thankful that my schedule is as wide open as it is too. I have a lot of open time between classes and work to be able to get my work done in a timely manner. I'm praying that all will go well, and that I will finish up with some peace of mind. Last semester was quite rough, and I would really like to end my college career on a high note.

Another long day await tomorrow. I have classes in the morning, and will be returning to work in the library late tomorrow afternoon. I will be working Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Hence why I said another long day. Not sure how I'm gonna like that work schedule. I will certainly make adjustments if needed. We'll see what happens.

Well, it's about bed time here in the bear cave. I'm gonna finish watching the Red Green show on PBS, and then settle into hibernation for about 8 hours. Happy Snoozing.

No comments: