Thursday, January 05, 2006

WAIT UPON GOD

WAIT UPON GOD

He [Daniel] prayed three times a day,
just as he had always done,
giving thanks to his God.
DANIEL 6:10

The more I think of and pray about the religious situation
in our country, the deeper my conviction becomes that Christians
do not realize that the aim of conversion is to bring into daily
fellowship with the Father in heaven.

For the believer, taking time each day with God's Word and in
prayer is indispensable. Each day we need to wait upon God for His
presence and His love to be revealed.

It is not enough at conversion to accept forgiveness of sins or
even to surrender to God. That is only a beginning. We must
understand that we have no power on our own to maintain our spiritual
life. We need to receive daily new grace from heaven through fellowship
with the Lord Jesus. This cannot be obtained by a hasty prayer or a
superficial reading of a few verses from God's Word. We must take time
to come into God's presence, to feel our weakness and our need, and to
Wait on God through His Holy Spirit to renew our fellowship with Him.
Then we may expect to be kept by the power of Christ throughout the day.

It is my aim to help Christians to see the absolute necessity of
spending time with the Lord Jesus. Without this, the joy and power
of God's Holy Spirit in daily life cannot be experienced.

Lord God, as I begin this New Year teach me to know you in deeper
prayer fellowship.  You have many things to reveal to me.  In Jesus'
name I ask you to make me a good learner. Amen.

No comments: