Sunday, January 08, 2006

Not sure...

I'm not really sure what to make of the feelings I am having, but lately I've been feeling drawn to write a book. What type of book? Well, I'm not sure about that either. During the week or so that I spent at April's, I felt drawn to write a book about my life. This weekend, ideas about a book on college life have been on my mind. I'm just not sure which way to go with it. In some ways, I would really like to write a book on college life. I mean with the experiences that I've had, I could surely offer some insights on the subject. I know that countless books have been written on this subject, but there must be some aspects of college life that aren't really dealt with adequately. And I know that none of the books give as straight-forward of a opinion as I would. So, I would like to pose a question to the few readers that I have:

If you were to read a book on college life, what issues would you really want to read about?

Think about it, and post you thoughts as comments. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

minetto said...

Hi Mike!
Fist off,
I really encourage youin your writting project! I think it's great that you would want to take on the challenge! Good on you!

I think you should write more about something that you think would interest you, or that you have noticed in your own experience at the University. I have always been in Arts type programs so I don't know what goes down in Technology type of programs right?

I am sure it would be great to experience what you think would be interesting...Do you find that people in such programs are very succes driven? Pushed hard by their parents?

I am sure there's much more...

But one thing that's for sure, it is always more interesting [in my opinion] to connect with the characters via a unique perception of what they are faced with. So trust your instincts!

cheers!

Mike said...

Minetto,

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I appreciate them a lot.

I believe that you make a very valid point. I shouldn't just think of what interests others, I should also be thinking of what interests me. If I have any hope of writing anything substantial, the subject has to be interesting enough to keep my attention through the duration. I hadn't really looked at it from that angle, so thank you for pointing that out.

I will agree, it is always more interesting when the writer has a connection with the characters of his or her writing. When you are able to relate to the characters experiences, things go a lot smoother.

Thanks again.