Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's a damn dirty shame...

....It really is a damn dirty shame that some college students lack the maturity to clean up after themselves. I share an apartment style dorm room with 3 other guys. Now at this stage of life, I would like to think that all of us would be mature enough to clean up the messes we make, and not leave them for others to deal with. Part of sharing an apartment/dorm room is everyone doing their part to keep it clean. To make a long story short, I have a room mate who refuses to clean up after himself. He leaves trash and other crap on the counters in the kitchen, refuses to clean the bathroom/shower when he uses them, and a bunch of other bullshit.

I have to admit that I don't have a lot of patience for this kind of thing, but I have politely asked him to pull his own weight, and clean up after himself. When I tried being nice about it, he got shitty with me, and was blaming me and the other guys for everything. Now the other guys and I have gone to the RA and the housing director, and even went to the VP of Student Life, in that order, to try to get the problem resolved. We are going by the book, because three of us are white, and the one causing problems is black. I don't want that whole descrimination thing to come up. I do tend to lose my temper easily, and certain racial slurs tend to fly.

I'll try to keep my cool for a while longer, but if that sorry SOB ever gets shitty with me again, I won't be responsible for my actions.

No comments: