Friday, February 10, 2006

Who am I?

I find myself asking that question quite frequently these days. I have developed a reputation for being short tempered. A lot of people around here would tell you that I'm cold, vendictive, and simply, a hateful son of a bitch. It is true that I am a hard ass, and don't take shit from anyone. I do tend to be forceful when it comes to taking care of things. Damn it, if I have to kick some ass to get r done, so be it. There are some who disapprove of my methods, one in particular who brings a moment of pause.

I find myself in a period of introspection, seeking my true self. Am I really the jerk that some people around here think I am? I don't think that I'm a bad guy, but then again, I am biased. However, if people would take a chance and get to know the real Mike, they would find a much different side. If people would take time, they would find that I'm really a just a loveable teddy bear. I'm honestly kind and caring guy, who would do any thing to help someone in need. I'm a gentle giant, with a big heart, and a passion to succeed and see others succeed. I may be a little judgemental of people who waste their life, but I like to think that I see a greater potential in a person than he or she sees.

I wish that a certain someone would understand that there is a method to my madness. I'm really not out to run people into the ground. If it takes a little shame to get someone to change their ways, so be it. Yes, my methods may be a little harsh, but they do tend to get results. I guess that's the only thing that I have in common with Bobby Knight.

As hard as I am on others, no one ever sees how hard I am on myself. As I look inside myself, feelings of regret and guilt are coming to light. I know that I have offended a certain someone by saying something derogatory to another student. It's not that I'm sorry for what I said, it's that the person offended means more to me than anything in the world, and I would never intentionally hurt them. That is what I'm sorry about.

So as I try to get a grip on my thoughts and temperment, I'm asking myself: who am I, and why am I the way I am?

No comments: