Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Workin hard, or hardly workin

This evening, my tour of duty in the library has been spent pulling books, scanning them, and placing them on shelves with the other books marked for zooble. I didn't have a headache when I started messing with them, but I sure do now. Mold, dust, and god knows what else cover all of those old pieces of crap. The condition of the collection in this library is well beyond embarrasing, and I am utterly ashamed of it. They say it's gonna be improved, but at this rate, I won't see any real improvements until well after I have graduated. That will probably be caused by the donations that the alumni office will expect from me. Blah!!!!! This place has taken enough money from me to last a lifetime. Hey, Napolean, leave my wallet alone!!

You know what's really pathetic? I could have sat here on my ass for 4 hours, working on homework or just taking it easy. But NOOOO!!!! I, being the honest, reliable guy that I am, stayed on my superior about getting something done while I was here. I think she was shocked that I was willing to work on the stuff at all. She must not be used to having a student worker who will actually WORK!

I have to say that I am rather irritated by the fact that there are about 10 student workers, and only a few, myself included, do any work at all. I may do more than my share of sitting on my duff, but damn it, I do what I'm asked to do, when I am asked to do it. Sure, not everyone is like Mike, but damn it, every student worker that was hired has the responsibility to do their frickin' job.

I know that I'm not the only person around here that has noticed this trend.

No comments: