Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nerds, Jolly Ranchers, and Pink Carnations

Well, yesterday was Valentine's Day, and as usual April and I celebrated in our own way. We fixed dinner here at my place; spaghetti and garlic bread, yum. As for gifts/cards/etc..., April and I decided to go the cheap route. I bought her carnations, a card, and the candy of her choosing.....Nerds. hehe. April gave me cards, and the candy that I wanted.....Jolly Ranchers. Who says you have to go out for an expensive meal, or buy expensive chocolates to show someone how much you love them. I can think of less expensive, and much more enjoyable ways of doing that. Just depends on what tickles your fancy. Hehe. I have such a way with words. Anyway, we had a wonderful evening.


This evening, I am charged with the nerve racking task of studying for an Advanced Database Systems test. Try as I might, I can't find anyone willing to take the blasted thing for me. Well, at least anyone who would stand a chance of passing anyway. Yes, I know, I expect a lot of those who work for me. HA HA! Tomorrow's schedule includes my test, project planning, article summaries, and finally, work in the library. I'm praying that things will go better than feel that they are going to. I need some good days to come my way. I think I deserve a few.

No comments: