Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Painfully funny

Now that the pain is easing from the injury mentioned in the post below, I'm finding it much easier to joke around and laugh about it. It was such a stupid accident; a finger smashed in a frickin library book dropbox. You can't make this shit up! It's a damn good thing I have pretty thick skin, because I'm catching grief from everyone I talk to about it.

Several people have congratulated April for a job well done, and have offered suggestions as to how to do a better job next time. Next time? Bullshit, once is enough for some things. And at least one person has said they wish there were pictures from the scene of the accident. Well God Bless them too. :-D

There I was, holding my hand and dancing around like a frickin idiot; April trying to figure out what the hell was the matter with me. I was so cold, and in so much shock that I couldn't really say anything. I just showed her my hand. The one thought that ran across my mind was "damn it, you hurt me, AGAIN." I know that she really didn't mean to, and appologized profusely, but I couldn't help but think that thought. I think this is about the most painful thing that has happened as a result of something she did, but this is not the first injury that I have suffered at the hands of my accident proned fiancee. From the many hits in the head as she pulled her purse or book bag from the backseat of the car, to the near busted ear drum from her screaming "there it is" when she saw a sign while driving down the road. High pitched shrieks in small closed spaces are not good for the ears.

I can say with a great deal of certainty....Love Hurts!

No comments: